Sunday 1 July 2012

Vintage Sewing Machine


My boyfriend's dad spent yesterday afternoon mowing the lawn in their garden, and looking through some old things in the shed. While he was sifting through, he dug up my bf's mom's aunt's antique Singer sewing machine. I'm new to sewing (but not too shabby, I must say), and they know how eager I am to become a crafty girl, so his parents decided to give it to me! I was so excited looking through the old instructions on how to use the machine. Each little booklet dated back to the early 1900s, one in particular from 1912. The wheel on the right still moves the needle up and down, but I need to do a bit of research to get it fully up and running. And, of course if I don't use it for sewing, it'll make for an excellent piece of living room decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...