Tuesday, 24 July 2012
5 Tips for Staying Pretty While Budget Traveling
1. Bring mineral make-up. Everything from foundation to eyeshadow, it is absolutely imperative to bring mineral make-up to a climate you may not be used to. My skin tends to go a bit haywire when I get to new places, so I prefer something that won't cause my skin to react even more. This type of make-up won't clog your pores the way regular make-up does, and it's nice and light. It's especially perfect for warm climates.
2. Wear maxi dresses with a pretty print. If you're going on a backpacking trip, do not wear cargo pants or shorts. People do this far too often on trips, but do we really use all of those pockets? You should wear pretty maxi dresses instead, which create an elegant look instantly. And, they come in handy for entering religious institutions.
3. Braid your hair at night. It can be confusing trying to figure out different plugs and voltage usage in various countries. Plus, you always run the risk of blowing out your straightener or curling iron. I just wash and blow dry my hair at night, then braid it into pigtails and wrap it. In the morning, you'll have pretty mermaid-like waves that'll last all day.
4. Wear wedges that support your feet. Wedges are generally very comfortable. Instead of wearing walking shoes or sandals, try a pair of supportive wedges that can get you through the day looking stylish. I love TOMS shoes (just be sure to break them in beforehand) and the Good for the Sole collection at Debenhams.
5. Bring cheap, but pretty jewelry. Never bring anything of value with you while traveling. If you only have jewelry that's sacred to you, then go out and buy a long necklace (great with maxi dresses) and a pair of nice earrings from any affordable accessories store at the mall.