Sunday 19 February 2012

Bedtime tea: chamomile flowers

A good cup of warm tea before bed should definitely be a part of your "getting ready for bed" routine (caffeine free, of course). I tried another Teapigs pouch, and this one was filled with whole chamomile flowers from Croatia. The calming and soothing effects make the tea perfect for helping you sleep, especially after a long hectic day. I used to drink rose tea with my mom before we went to bed, which was so, so lovely, but I haven't managed to find anywhere in London that has it, yet. I haven't really looked thoroughly enough, though. But, this tea is beautiful as well. I brewed it for a bit over three minutes, and ended up with a golden cup of tea with a very nature-like aroma. If you're new to tea drinking or usually just stick to regular teabags, this tea might taste very different. It has somewhat of a wheat or grass scent that leads your tongue to almost taste the smell. I know that doesn't sound very appetizing, but it certainly makes you feel like you're sipping a bit of nature, and it tastes good, too! Sweet dreams.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...